Certificate encryption allows you to easily encrypt and decrypt archives without the need for a passphrase. In order for someone to encrypt for you, they need your "padlock" or public certificate.
- Open your control panel and then open Internet Options
- Click on the Content Tab and Certificates
- Select the certificate you wish to export and then click on export
- Click next
- Click on No, do not export the private key. This is VERY important. If you export the private key, your recipient can open all archives encrypted for you.
- Select Crytogrphic Message and check the Include all certificates in the certification path (this will help with trusting your public key)
- Click Browse to select a location to save your pubic key
- Select or create the folder where you would like to save your pubic cert, give it a name name and click save.
- Click next to continue
- Click Finish to create the public key
- Click OK
- Send the public certificate to those you wish to encrypt for you. This is your "padlock" to send out to as many people as you choose, you will then use your private key to decrypt.