PKWARE, Inc., Third-Party License Summary for ZIP Reader
The PKWARE ZIP Reader product makes use of software modules or code developed by one or more third parties. This document identifies the licensing information governing this third-party software.
PKWARE, the PKWARE Logo, PKZIP, SecureZIP, ZIP Reader and PKSFX are registered trademarks of PKWARE, Inc. Trademarks of other companies mentioned here appear for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective companies.
AES Decryption Routines by Dr. Brian Gladman
Below are given the license and disclaimer for software written by Dr. Brian Gladman for implementing decryption for AES.
Copyright (c) 2002, Dr Brian Gladman <email@example.com>, Worcester, UK. All rights reserved.
The free distribution and use of this software in both source and binary form is allowed (with or without changes) provided that:
Distributions of this source code include the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer;
Distributions in binary form include the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other associated materials;
The copyright holder's name is not used to endorse products built using this software without specific written permission.
ALTERNATIVELY, provided that this notice is retained in full, this product may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), in which case the provisions of the GPL apply INSTEAD OF those given above.
This software is provided 'as is' with no explicit or implied warranties in respect of its properties, including, but not limited to, correctness and/or fitness for purpose.
Below are given the license and disclaimer for BZIP2.
This program, "bzip2", the associated library "libbzip2", and all documentation, are copyright (C) 1996-2005 Julian R Seward. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
- Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
- The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Below are given the license and disclaimer for CRC-32.
Below are given the license and disclaimer for LZMA.
LZMA SDK 4.57
LZMA SDK Copyright (C) 1999-2007 Igor Pavlov
LZMA SDK provides the documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools you need to develop applications that use LZMA compression.
LZMA is default and general compression method of 7z format in 7-Zip compression program (www.7-zip.org). LZMA provides high compression ratio and very fast decompression.
LZMA is an improved version of famous LZ77 compression algorithm. It was improved in way of maximum increasing of compression ratio, keeping high decompression speed and low memory requirements for decompressing.
LZMA SDK is available under any of the following licenses:
- GNU Lesser General Public License (GNU LGPL)
- Common Public License (CPL)
- Simplified license for unmodified code (read SPECIAL EXCEPTION)
- Proprietary license
It means that you can select one of these four options and follow rules of that license.
1,2) GNU LGPL and CPL licenses are pretty similar and both these licenses are classified as
3) SPECIAL EXCEPTION
Igor Pavlov, as the author of this code, expressly permits you to statically or dynamically link your code (or bind by name) to the files from LZMA SDK without subjecting your linked code to the terms of the CPL or GNU LGPL. Any modifications or additions to files from LZMA SDK, however, are subject to the GNU LGPL or CPL terms.
SPECIAL EXCEPTION allows you to use LZMA SDK in applications with closed code, while you keep LZMA SDK code unmodified.
SPECIAL EXCEPTION #2: Igor Pavlov, as the author of this code, expressly permits you to use this code under the same terms and conditions contained in the License Agreement you have for any previous version of LZMA SDK developed by Igor Pavlov.
SPECIAL EXCEPTION #2 allows owners of proprietary licenses to use latest version of LZMA SDK as update for previous versions.
SPECIAL EXCEPTION #3: Igor Pavlov, as the author of this code, expressly permits you to use code of the following files: BranchTypes.h, LzmaTypes.h, LzmaTest.c, LzmaStateTest.c, LzmaAlone.cpp, LzmaAlone.cs, LzmaAlone.java as public domain code.
4) Proprietary license
LZMA SDK also can be available under a proprietary license which can include:
- Right to modify code without subjecting modified code to the terms of the CPL or GNU LGPL
- Technical support for code
To request such proprietary license or any additional consultations, send email message from that page: http://www.7-zip.org/support.html
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
You should have received a copy of the Common Public License along with this library.
OpenSSL Public License
Below are given the license and disclaimer for OpenSSL.
The OpenSSL toolkit stays under a dual license, i.e. both the conditions of the OpenSSL License and the original SSLeay license apply to the toolkit. See below for the actual license texts. Actually both licenses are BSD-style Open Source licenses. In case of any license issues related to OpenSSL please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are given the license and disclaimer for PPMd by Dmitry Shkarin.
3. LEGAL stuff.
You can not misattribute authorship on algorithm or code sources, You can not patent algorithm or its parts, all other things are allowed and welcomed. Dmitry Subbotin and me have authorship rights on code sources. Dmitry Subbotin owns authorship rights on his variation of rangecoder algorithm and I own authorship rights on my variation of PPM algorithm. This variation is named PPMII (PPM with Information Inheritance).
PPMonstr program is distributed for experiments and noncommercial use only.
Below are given the license and disclaimer for software written by Alexander Roshal for implementing decompression for RAR.
The source code of UnRAR utility is freeware. This means:
- All copyrights to RAR and the utility UnRAR are exclusively owned by the author - Alexander Roshal.
- The UnRAR sources may be used in any software to handle RAR archives without limitations free of charge, but cannot be used to re-create the RAR compression algorithm, which is proprietary. Distribution of modified UnRAR sources in separate form or as a part of other software is permitted, provided that it is clearly stated in the documentation and source comments that the code may not be used to develop a RAR (WinRAR) compatible archiver.
- The UnRAR utility may be freely distributed. It is allowed to distribute UnRAR inside of other software packages.
- THE RAR ARCHIVER AND THE UnRAR UTILITY ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
- Installing and using the UnRAR utility signifies acceptance of< these terms and conditions of the license.
- If you don't agree with terms of the license you must remove UnRAR files from your storage devices and cease to use the utility.