This Advanced screen displays a list of all administrators (Admins) with rights on this Smartcrypt Enterprise Manager (SEM) site.
From this screen, you can:
- Add Admins
- Change Admin Settings
- Enable API or RevokeAPI
- Delete Admins
When you add an admin, you must assign a role. Each role designates a set of permissions to complete tasks on SEM.
|Can access Smartcrypt Manager, including the Reporting and Event Logs. Cannot change settings or policy.|
|Sys Admin||Can change settings in the Basics and Advanced pages, with approval from another Sys Admin. Can create a policy and set the "scope" - the users and groups who will be ruled by that policy.|
|Security Admin||Can change the parameters in the policy except the scope. Cannot create new policies. If a security admin is assigned to a policy, then the Sys Admin cannot change that policy.|
|Super Sys Admin||Can change any setting, create and chance any policy. Can approve own actions.|
|EnableAPI||When clicked, an API key is generated and displayed once.|
|RevokeAPI||Used to revoke the current in use API Key for an admin.|
Smartcrypt Enterprise Manager needs at least one Sys Admin to manage accounts. The first system administrator account created during the installation (described in the Installation and Setup Guide) holds the role of Super Sys Admin. We recommend creating a new, less powerful Sys Admin for day-to-day tasks. From the Advanced tab, go to Admins.
Admins can be created from:
- Domain Users: Individual Active Directory users with accounts connected to Smartcrypt.
- Domain Groups: You can assign an entire Active Directory Group as Admins.
- Local Users: If you want an admin that can access SEM without an Active Directory account, you can assign a username or email address with a password.
Changing an Admin's Settings
To change an existing Admin's password or role:
- Go to Advanced > Admins. The Admins page appears with the current list of Admins.
- Click Edit for the Admin's settings.
- You can replace a Domain User's email address, or the Domain Group attached to this Role. Delete the existing email address or group name. Add the new address/group.
You can also use the drop-down menu to change the Role of this Admin.
- Click Save.
Deleting an Admin
To delete an Admin from the database:
- Go to Advanced > Admins. The Admins page appears with the list of Admins.
- Click Delete for the Admin you want to remove.
- Click Confirm - Delete.
Unless you hold the Super Sys Admin role, another admin must confirm the deletion.