Using the installation script
Smartcrypt Manager can also be upgraded using the installation script.The script will perform the following steps:
- Upgrade the Smartcrypt Manager web application
- Upgrade the application pool from 32-bit to 64-bit if necessary
- Upgrade the Smartcrypt database
Extract the mds-installer.zip file and browse to the extracted location via an elevated PowerShell prompt
Execute the script and follow the prompts. Make sure to select 'u' for Upgrade.
Manually upgrading the Smartcrypt Manager takes only a few steps:
- Stop the IIS application pool that hosts Smartcrypt Manager
- Back up the previous version of Smartcrypt by renaming the file location where Smartcrypt is installed
- Create a folder with the same name as the previous installation of Smartcrypt
- Extract the new version of Smartcrypt into the empty folder
- Copy the original web.config file from the backed up folder
- Run the SmartcryptDB.exe file located in the <install>\bin folder
- Start the IIS application pool.