- Create a classification configuration in Classifier Administration using the PDF guides supplied with the software
- In Classifier Administration, click in top root "Classifier Administrator" on the right hand side of the application
- Click, "Publish Configuration" on the right hand side under "Actions"
- Select a local file store to store the classifier configuration
- Give a reason for the publication and a name
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the root folder of the newly published classification configuration
- Select the three folders under the root classification configuration and it into one zip. "Label Configurations", "Management", "Messages".
- Take this newly zip configuration, upload it to the Archive/Classification/Configurations/Add, and save it in the Smartcrypt Enterprise Manager
- Click "Add" under Policy in the Archive/Classification page
- Name: Give a name of the policy
- Classification: Declare the AD names/groups to be associated with this classification policy
- Configuration: Select the newly uploaded zip configuration from the dropdown
- Label Configuration: Give the string of the underlying label configuration name. This string can be found in Classifier Administration directly under "Labeling Configurations" with a gear icon beside it
- Policy Configuration: Give the string of one of the policies created under the "Policies" folder in Classifier Administration
- Options: Checking, "Classifier Tooltip" will present the classification of a classified zip file instead of the Smartcrypt icon
- Plugins: Checking the options under plugins will allow for classifier add-on's to operate in the MS Office applications
- Click Save
- The classification configuration will be deployed out the the declared users. Office add-in's will be able to retrieve the newest classification configuration. File Classifier will retrieve the latest configuration after windows.exe is restarted.