- Open the Certificates snap-in for the local machine's certificate store: Start | Run | certlm.msc
- In the console tree, click the Personal store
- On the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click Import to start the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Type the file name containing the certificate to be imported. (You can also click Browse and navigate to the file.)
- This certificate should have a private key (PKCS #12 file)
- Type the password used to encrypt the private key.
- (Optional) If you want to back up or transport your keys at a later time, select the Mark key as exportable check box.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store, click Browse, and choose the Personal store.