- Open Windows Explorer
- Select a file or directory.the directory the Smartcrypt Manager is installed under (eg: c:\web\mds)
- Right click the file directory and select Properties
- Select the Security tab
- Click the Edit button and then Add button
- Click the Locations button and make sure that you select your computer.
- Enter IIS AppPool\SmartcryptPool<myappoolname> (eg: IIS AppPool\smartcrypt) in the Enter the object names to select: text box.
- Click the Check Names button and click OK.
- Check Modify under the Allow column, and click OK, and OK.
By doing this, the file or directory you selected will now also allow the SmartcryptPoolSmartcrypt identity access.
You can do this via the command-line by using the ICACLS tool. The following example gives full modify access to the SmartcryptPool identity Smartcrypt identity to the folder C:\web\mds and all contents.
ICACLS test.txt"C:\web\mds" /grant "IIS AppPool\SmartcryptPoolSmartcrypt":FM /t