In most cases, you'll find the steps in Configuring Lockers will work fine. If you need to configure this manually, follow these steps:
- After installing Smartcrypt onto the system, open the Task Manager on the machine and load the Services tab. Confirm that you see an entry called
SmartcryptService. Depending on your Windows version, either right-click on
SmartcryptServiceand select Open Services, or just click Services in the lower right corner.
- In Windows Services, find
SmartcryptService, right-click, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, set the startup option, and set up login credentials for authentication with Smartcrypt.
- In the General tab, define the Startup type value. We recommend choosing Automatic from the drop-down menu, to enable
SmartcryptServiceautomatically when the machine is powered on. Manual will require you the user to start / stop the service manually.
- In the Log On tab, enter the Active Directory credentials for the Smartcrypt Account. Do not select a Local System account, as the account needs to authenticate with the Smartcrypt Manager as the appropriate user. Click OK to confirm the new settings.
After configuring the service, right-click on SmartcryptService in the Services dialog, and select Start. This will start up the Smartcrypt Locker to start encrypting and protecting the path defined in the locker configuration from the Smartcrypt Manager.