Set Smartkeys Options
Smartkeys enable you to define who can read files you encrypt. Check the Encrypt with Smartkey box to turn on Smartkey encryption. Files are encrypted using the settings on this page of Security options.
When you first log in to Smartcrypt, you receive a pair of Smartkeys, which appear in the ZIP page under Security Options:
A public "shareable" Smartkey, to allow recipients of your encrypted data to decrypt and open the file(s).
A private Personal Smartkey, which Smartcrypt will use to encrypt your data.
Click Manage Smartkeys to see a list of existing Smartkeys.
Create a New Smartkey
To create a new public smartkey from Smartkey Options:
1. Click New Smartkey.
2. Give the Smartkey a descriptive name, so you can quickly identify the recipients associated with this key.
3. Add the email address for a recipient. A green check mark will appear in the Allowed window at the bottom.
4. Add other recipients as necessary.
5. Click OK to create the Smartkey.
Note: If you've never shared Smartkey-protected data with someone, the Name column will display a partial email address instead of the person's full name.
When you have created the new Smartkey, and view the Smartkey again, the name will change to "(unknown)" if that user does not have a Smartcrypt account.
Edit an Existing Smartkey
You can open the Smartkey Properties screen to add or remove recipients from an existing Smartkey.
1. Select the Smartkey you want to edit.
2. Click Edit Smartkey.
3. You can change the Smartkey Name, add one or more recipients, or remove a user, as described above.
4. Click OK to confirm your changes.