Section 1: Please see the following configuration steps to configure the PKWARE Outlook Plugin to create zipx files when automatically encrypting email attachments
- Navigate to Archive > Policy Settings
- In the ‘General’ section configure the following
- Select zipx from the ‘Mobile File Format’ pulldown list
- Select the checkbox (enable) ‘Reset Client Defaults’
- In the ‘Outlook Plugin Behavior Settings’ section configure the following
- Enter ‘zipx’ in the field following the ‘Default ZIP Name’ setting
- After the Agent syncs with the PKWARE Enterprise Manager, the policy changes will be picked up by the client and it will begin generating zipx files when encrypting email attachments
- NOTE: Restart Outlook to ensure settings take full effect
Section 2: To have previously encrypted files that are attached to an email message be converted to zipx files, please ensure the following configuration is present in addition to the sets reference above.
- Navigate to Archive > Policy Settings page with the section for "Outlook Plugin Behavior Settings"
- Select ‘Allowed (default on) from the ‘Re-Encrypt Attachments’ pulldown list
- NOTE: With this setting, if an end-user attaches an encrypted zip file to an email message, when sent it will be re-encrypted with the zipx file extension.