PKWARE provides predefined patterns to help discover sensitive data throughout an organization. These patterns can be organized into bundles to help categorize -types of patterns that apply to specific discovery and/or remediation activities. E.g., if you want to discover Personally Identifiable Information (PII), you can create a ‘PII’ bundle and include patterns like social security numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses and Tax ID numbers.
The following actions can be performed on Filter Bundles:
- Edit – Allows you to edit the patterns, thresholds, inclusions and exclusions associated with a bundle.
- Clone – Allows you to copy the configuration of an existing bundle, which can be edited without impacting the original bundle.
- Delete – Allows you to delete the filter bundle.
Discovery Filter Bundles
A discovery filter bundle contains a combination of patterns and thresholds. The threshold is minimum number of occurrences a sensitive element appears in a file before discovery acts on it. Different threshold values can be assigned to ach pattern included in a filter bundle Multiple patterns can be included in a single filter bundle. To add a discovery filter bundle, execute the following steps:
- Click Add This opens the Add Discovery Filter Bundle panel.
- Enter the name of the filter bundle in the Name
- Select the pattern from the Pattern drop-down. To add multiple patterns within the same bundle, click Add button.
- Set the threshold for each selected pattern. By default, the value is set to 1. You can increase or decrease the threshold. .
- The Exclusion field allows you to enter the patterns you wish to exclude while scanning.
- The Inclusion field allows you to specify the patterns you wish to include while scanning.
- Click Save button to save the details.
Discovery Filter Bundles Templates
The Discovery Filter Bundles Templates allows an administrator to create a clone of an existing discovery bundle. It reduces the configuration time as it clones the exact information of the template.
There are five templates that can be leverage.
- All Supported Credit Cards
- HIPAA - Diagnosis Lexicon and Social Security Numbers
- PCI-DSS - Credit Cards and Social Security Numbers
- Personally Identifiable Information
Following actions can be performed on the templates:
- View: This allows you to view the details of pre-defined templates.
- Clone: This allows you to clone the configuration details of an existing discovery bundle.