Regex or Regular Expressions contain a sequence of characters that helps in searching a text or numeric pattern within a file,. PKWARE allows admins to defining custom regex patterns to be used for the purposes of discovering sensitive information in files
To access this screen, go to Discovery > Regexes.
This screen lists all the existing regular expressions that have been created. From this screen admins can perform the following functions:
- Edit – Click this button if you want to edit the details of Name, Comments, and Regex
- Delete – Click this button if you want to delete the regex from the system.
Adding a Regex
To create a new regex, execute the following steps:
- Click Add This opens the Add Regular Expression panel.
- Enter the name of the regular expression in the Name
- Add any additional comments in Comments field, if desired.
- Enter the regular expression in the Regex .
Click Save to save the configuration