The following table lists sizing recommendations for PEM Administrator instances based on your average use cases and hardware demands. The specific recommendations for your company depend on the specific growth type, intensity and use cases. We recommend that you collaborate with one of our Sales Engineers to receive a specific recommendation. If you're interested in more information, please contact us.
- PoC / Small Scale: Suitable for proof-of-concept, test or development environment. App/DB server on same system is fine.
- Medium Scale: Consider using medium App/DB server instances with multiple cores and fast access to disk.
- Large Scale: Recommend using high processing power (e.g. dual quad core or higher) and ensuring high I/O performance to disk.
High availability and fail over recommendations:
PK Protect Application
- Configure a farm (two or more identical application servers running in separate operating system server instances)
- Use memcached for real time sharing of authentication tokens and other time-sensitive data between servers in the farm
- Use a load balancer that can detect and react to lost application server instances quickly. Alternatively you can load balance with DNS. Note: this still requires memcached.
For memcached failover (if required), configure a memecached farm.
- Setup MS SQL Server cluster
|Sizing||PoC / Small Scale||Medium Scale||Large Scale|
|Data Security Intelligence Enabled|
Active / Concurrent Users
|Application Server CPU||2vCPU||2x 4vCPU||4x 4vCPU|
|Application Server Memory||4GB||>8GB||>16GB|
|Database Server CPU||2vCPU||4vCPU||8vCPU|
|Database Server Memory||4GB||16GB||64GB|
|Database Server Disk Space||~||4GB/mo||40GB/mo|
|Data Security Intelligence Disabled|
|Active / Concurrent Users|
(Assumes 2.5 devices per user)
|Smartkeys created per month||200||4000||20,000|
|Application Server CPU||2vCPU||2vCPU||2vCPU|
|Application Server Memory||4GB||4GB||4GB|
|Database Server CPU||2vCPU||2vCPU||~2vCPU|
|Database Server Memory||> 100MB||1-5GB||10GB|
|Database Server Disk Space||~||1GB||2GB|